You are in: Home / Terms and Conditions
Navigation and public searching of this website are subject to the Terms and Conditions below:
Guarantees, Responsibilities and Damages
1. Via Varejo does not guarantee that the contents, instruments and materials contained, utilized and offered in this website are fully up-to-date or complete, and does not accept responsibility for damages caused by any inaccurate content or equipment faults.
2. The Company does not accept express or tacit responsibility for the improper use of the information, instruments or materials made available and/or of the equipment used for this website, for whatever purpose and any user, who is fully responsible for any damages to their own rights or of third parties, whether or not caused by this improper use.
3. Under no circumstances will Via Varejo or its executive officers and employees be held responsible for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses or expenses arising from connecting to this website, from the use of any part of the website, from the inability of its use by any party, from any performance fault, error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission or computer virus or from a fault in the line or system, even if the Company or its representatives were advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
4. The users of this website are fully responsible for contracting adequate Internet services and resources, with no exception.
5. Via Varejo is not liable for the content of other websites (a) with addresses available on the pages of this website or (b) that publish the address of this website. The Company does not guarantee any compensation for any damages caused by the websites mentioned in this item.
7. Before making any investment decision, potential investors should carefully consider, taking into account their own financial situation and investment objectives, all of the information available in this website, especially the section on Risk Factors.
Confidential Nature of Users´ Information
Author´s Copyrights and Intellectual Property
Notwithstanding any regulation to the contrary, the full contents of this website, such as information, materials, tools, layouts, charts and images, belong to Via Varejo or to third parties that have legally ceded their use.
Comments on EBITDA
From time to time, Via Varejo discloses so-called non-GAAP financial measures, primarily EBITDA. EBITDA is defined as income before net financial expenses, income and social contribution taxes, depreciation and amortization. EBITDA is not a measure used under BR GAAP or U.S. GAAP, does not represent cash flow for the periods analyzed and should not be considered alternatives to net income as an indicator of Via Varejo’s operating performance or as an alternative to cash flows as an indicator of liquidity. EBITDA does not have a standardized meaning and Via Varejo’s definition of EBITDA may not be comparable to EBITDA as used by other companies.
Even though EBITDA is not a measure under BR GAAP or US GAAP and may be calculated differently by other companies in the industry, Via Varejo’s management believes that EBITDA is a practical measure for gauging the Company’s operating performance and for comparisons with the operating performance of other companies in the industry.
Note: By accessing this website and its pages, users automatically accept all of the Terms and Conditions described herein. Therefore, please cease navigation and public searching of the pages of this website if you do not agree with all of the above Terms and Conditions.